Vision & Objectives
To support the delivery of the PE and School Sport Primary Premium, all national partners* have agreed the following vision and objectives:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
OBJECTIVE: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
• the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
• the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
• increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
• increased participation in competitive sport
*Cabinet Office, Department for Education, Department of Health, Department for Culture Media and Sport, Ofsted, Sport England, Youth Sport Trust, Association for Physical Education, County Sport Partnership Network