Health, Wellbeing & Attainment
- The Power of an Active School – Dr William Bird video clip. Are your pupils physical and emotionally healthy? Does this have an impact on their attainment and achievement?
- Active children means active minds – Youth Sport Trust 24th March 2017
- What works in schools and colleges to increase physical activity (HM Government 2015)
- HM Government released it's long-awaited Childhood Obesity Strategy 'A Plan of Action' in August 2016. The attached document outlines the government's plan to significantly reduce childhood obesity by supporting healthier choices.
- PE 'Cinderella subject' for too long, says report A study by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on a Fit and Healthy Childhood says PE has for too long been the "Cinderella subject" in UK schools.The status of physical education in schools needs a "radical shake-up" and it should be valued in the same way as core academics subjects, a report says. See the full report below.
- The link between pupil health and wellbeing and attainment: A briefing for head teachers, governors and staff in education settings. A Public Health England publication, November 2014 (see below)