The Youth Sport Trust Secondary Membership compliments the support offered through North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership, and can help your school to make a real difference through PE and School Sport.
By becoming a Youth Sport Trust Secondary Member schools can:
- Raise attainment and achievement across the school
- Improve the behaviour and attendance of targeted groups of young people
- Stimulate a whole school ethos based on the positive values of PE and sport
- Ensure more young people benefit from high quality PE and school sport
- Support more young people to develop generic leadership and employability skills
- Enable more teachers to benefit from high quality CPD and resources to improve their practice
- Discover how other schools have used PE and sport to take them from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’
- Demonstrate the schools commitment to PE and sport and the health and well-being of all young people
- Influence education, health and sport policy locally and nationally
Every Youth Sport Trust secondary member school can apply for Youth Sport Trust 'Partner School' status.
Youth Sport Trust Partner Schools demonstrate high quality outcomes in physical education, school sport and whole school achievement via a quality assured self-review. Completion of the self-review leads to a bronze, silver or gold Partner School award.
Partner School status gives schools priority access to new and exciting research and innovation projects, as well as opportunities to contribute to the delivery of high profile national programmes.